Tuesday 4 May 2010

Don't be silly, you can't ever run out of time!

So part two held up the high expectations of part one. We're talking Doctor Who here by the way. If we're ever NOT talking Doctor Who, I'll let you know :P

Anyways, flipping the rules on their head for an episode at least is something Moffat does well and in that we get the most tension filled scene we've seen thus far, Amy having to fool the Angels into believing she indeed has her sight, walking blindly through masses of them. Nail biting stuff. The only thing I wasn't too sure about was Amy throwing herself at the Doctor in her room at the end of the episode. Seemed a little out of character for her, I get the sexy factor (as anyone who's read this before will know, I really get the sexy factor with Amy) but just throwing herself at the Doctor like that. I hope this is explained at some point, by some strange scientific Doctor ramble, or more preferably by Amy herself as an extreme case of cold feet.

Also, nice to see that the Angels aren't indeed completely infailable. And identifying the cracks in the universe as something even they are scared of was a neat way of putting an intimidating emphasis on what seems to be this season's overreaching plot arc.

Speaking of overreaching plot arcs, it seems River will 'kill' the Doctor in the future? With the way she gushes on and on about him, I can't see how anybody else could be 'the greatest man I've ever known.' Maybe Captain Jack. Considering he can die without consequence. But does this mean the mighty Matt Smith has only signed on for a single season?! We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Next time I review Iron Man 2 (if I go see it Wednesday) and talk about the excitingness of the upcoming Thor, Captain America and eventually, Avengers movies!

Sayonara!

Captain Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment